Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Deel 2017-03-18-13 - 151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

Identificatie

referentie code

CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-12-2017-03-18-13

Titel

151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

Datum(s)

  • 1995 (Vervaardig)

Beschrijvingsniveau

Deel

Omvang en medium

Photograph

Context

Naam van de archiefvormer

George Jackson

Biografie

Naam van de archiefvormer

Janice Hopkins

Biografie

Naam van de archiefvormer

Gillian Haley

Biografie

Naam van de archiefvormer

Nancy Smith

Biografie

Geschiedenis van het archief

Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging

Inhoud en structuur

Bereik en inhoud

The Gummerson House is located at 151 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival Cottage style around the 1880’s. The Gummerson family moved to Bradford from Bond Head (on the southwest corner of Beeton Road) in 1886. This structure later became the home of Rose MacEwan. Sue and Philip Richards also lived here at one time.
The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has a one-storey and a 1½-storey rear additions. There was a barn at the rear originally. The house has a centre hall plan and a medium-pitched, gable roof with steeply-pitched dormers. It has dichromatic brickwork at the stylised quoins and a patterned belt course. There is an accent brick, diamond pattern at the dormer and gable peaks and at the curved, brick lintels at the openings. There are large window openings with high floor to ceiling heights. The house has four-pane, casement windows at the front and 2/2 wood, sash windows at the sides. Painted, wood, lug sills remain. The front dormer has a round-headed casement. Original windows and doors, loadbearing, brick masonry construction, and a stone foundation also remain. An inscription in a brick at the rear of the building reads: “Sept. 3, 1886 prayer meeting”. According to the 2000 inventory, the lack of Gothic Revival features (such as a porch and gingerbread trim) indicates a more modest, vernacular variation. It also notes that the house originally had three chimneys (one at each of the gable ends) and a barn at the rear. (1, 3)

Waardering, vernietiging en slectie

Aanvullingen

Ordeningstelsel

Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging

Voorwaarden voor reproductie

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Taal en schrift aantekeningen

Fysieke eigenschappen en technische eisen

Toegangen

Verwante materialen

Bestaan en verblifplaats van originelen

CH 151

Bestaan en verblijfplaats van kopieën

Related units of description

Aantekeningen

Alternative identifier(s)

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Beschrijvingsbeheer

Identificatie van de beschrijving

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Toegepaste regels en/of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Verwijdering van datering archiefvorming

Taal (talen)

Schrift(en)

Bronnen

Metadata van digitale objecten

mediatype

Afbeelding

Mime-type

image/jpeg

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Referentie) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related people and organizations