Showing 49 results

Archival description
Dorothy Cilipka fonds
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

48 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

21 Holland St. W.

This is now the Evans and Evans Law Offices.

Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information on this photo.

Dorothy Cilipka

Bradford Arena

Bradford & District Memorial Community Centre and Bradford Curling Club.

Dorothy Cilipka

Bradford T.V. and Furniture

Located on Holland St. West. It was originally a private residence. George Sadovchuk of Bradford owned this building. It has since been demolished.

Dorothy Cilipka

Bradford Witness on Barrie Street

The Bradford Witness was the local newspaper. It was first published on February 20, 1879 by Mr. E. Garrett. He was born in Hampshire, England, but settled in Bradford with his parents when he was only one year old in 1856. Before starting The Witness, he worked for Mr. Broughton who published the South Simcoe News, another Bradford newspaper. The fire of 1892 destroyed the offices of The Witness, and the two papers amalgamated, with E. Garrett as proprietor.

Canadian Bank of Commerce

Located on Holland St. at the corner of Barrie St. This building was originally a hotel (Central Hotel, Uneeda Hotel and in 1900 the H. Hulse Hotel). In 1951 the bank was held up by the Boyd Gang which had robbed a number of banks in the Toronto area and Montreal. The robbery resulted in a shootout with Bradford police. There is a bullet lodged in the building across the street from the bank which was the police station at that time. Today this building is the CIBC bank.

Results 1 to 10 of 49