Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Affichage de 34 résultats Description archivistique

34 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

84 Church Street - Dr. Ellis House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-01
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The Dr. Ellis House is located mid-block on the west side at 84 Church Street. It was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Dr. Ellis owned the house in 1900. The 1½-storey, three-bay structure has a medium-pitched, gable roof and a ...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-17
  • Partiellement
  • 1995

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

New Trinity Church building

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2016-11-16-02
  • Pièce
  • 1900-12-06

Article on the construction and history of Bradford's Trinity Anglican church. The opening ceremony was held on December 2, 1900.

Bradford Witness

William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3680
  • Pièce
  • 1978

Located on the corner of Church and Frederick Streets. Built around 1850. The Gingerbreading fretwork on the roof was a common architectural detail of this time.

Dorothy Cilipka

Trinity Episcopal Church

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-11
  • Pièce
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a quick history of the Trinity Episcopal Church, later known as the trinity Anglican Church at the corner of Church and James Streets. Rev. George B. Morley was the rector of this new building since t...

Edmund Garrett

Church Street - looking south

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-13
  • Pièce
  • 1989-1992

View of Church Street looking south. To the right is Trinity Anglican Church, and further down is St. John's Presbyterian Church. St John's was demolished and relocated to 10th Sideroad in 2003, and the site became Trinity's parking lot and expans...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Hodgson, Elizabeth

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-PH3689
  • Pièce
  • 1917

This was probably on Church St. Note the wooden plank sidewalk. Elizabeth Hodgson was born in December 1898 and died in December 1969. Elizabeth Hodgson later married Ross Bell, and they had five children: Marguerite (married Gerald Roberts), Jean...

Doris (Bell) Campbell

67 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-14
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The building that is located at 67 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and James Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was moved to this site many years ago. The Robinson family once lived in this house....

Nancy Smith

90 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-02
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 90 Church St. was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. The 1½-storey, five-bay ‘farmhouse’ has a modified ‘L’-shaped plan with an off-centre hall, an asymmetrical façade, and a medium-pitched, gable roof. T...

Nancy Smith

Résultats 1 à 10 sur 34