Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 15 results Archival description

15 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

105 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 105 Barrie St. was once the home of Dennis and Mrs. Nolan, their son James (a car dealer and salesman), and daughters Connie (a teacher at Bradford High School) and Aileen (also a teacher). Dennis Nolan was a Model T. Ford dea...

Joe Saint

111 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 111 Barrie St. was owned many years ago by Minnie (Spence) Hammel. It was rented to Alec and Mary Spence and Betty. When this house was built (before WWI), a wooden tank with a zinc liner was erected in the floored attic. Wate...

Joe Saint

119 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 119 Barrie St. was one of seven houses begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the projects were completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edwardian Clas...

Nancy Smith

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

135 Barrie Street - The Fred C. Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The Fred C. Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 135 Barrie Street. The house was built in the Arts and Crafts style around 1925 by Art Saint. It is believed that this lot was originally owned by Fred Stoddart. This was the home of ...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02
  • Item
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

17 Barrie Street Ray's Sales & Service Ltd.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The cement brick building (with an arch) that is located at 17 Barrie St. is not the original structure at this site. Originally, there was a large frame building (used to shelter horses, a stage coach, buggies, cutters, etc.) that was part of a l...

Joe Saint

21 Barrie Street European Bakery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The one-storey building with a flat roof located at 21 Barrie St. has been used by many businesses over the years. Tommy Lautonee owned the blacksmith and carriage factory once situated in this structure. George Geddes was the blacksmith there unt...

Joe Saint

23 Barrie Street Restaurant

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-04
  • Item
  • 1995

The one-storey building with a flat roof located at 23 Barrie St. (as seen in the photo) replaces the round, metal building originally found on this site. It was an implement store and later the home of a pop business moved here by Keenty O’Keife...

Joe Saint

Results 1 to 10 of 15