17 Barrie Street Ray's Sales & Service Ltd.
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-02
The cement brick building (with an arch) that is located at 17 Barrie St. is not the original structure at this site. Originally, there was a large frame building (used to shelter horses, a stage coach, buggies, cutters, etc.) that was part of a l...
27 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...
65 and 67 Holland Street West - Standard Bank
- CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-01
The Standard Bank is located at 65 and 67 Holland St. West. It was built in the Romanesque Revival style around 1860-1900. O.M. Seim, previous owner of the Bradford Witness newspaper (1916-1932), and his family (Gordon, Ken, Marjorie, Maurice and ...
89 John Street East
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-18
The mid-block building located at 89 John St. East is set well back from street. It was built around 1860-1880’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. John Edwin (or Harry) Cerswell, a retired gentleman, lived here at one time before selling th...