Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 22 results Archivistische beschrijving

Only digital objects

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3235
  • Stuk
  • 1983

"The Pines" a few years later. It is still well maintained.

Dorothy Cilipka

Morton House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3215
  • Stuk
  • 1978

Known as the George Morton House. Built between 1860 and 1880.

Dorothy Cilipka

William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3680
  • Stuk
  • 1978

Located on the corner of Church and Frederick Streets. Built around 1850. The Gingerbreading fretwork on the roof was a common architectural detail of this time.

Dorothy Cilipka

Samuel Luke's House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3239
  • Stuk

This building was built in 1876 by John Maclean Stevenson, a lawyer and reeve of Bradford from 1871-1877. It was sold to the Lukes Family in 1910, who owned and operated the Bradford Flouring Mill since 1878, which was one of the best equipped mil...

Marks House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2017-03-21-18
  • Stuk

When this photo was first printed, the negative was flipped (so the fence would be on the right side of the photograph). We have corrected the photograph here to show how the house was meant to look. Dorothy (Reeves) Marks is in front of the house...

Bill Marks

T.W.W. Evans' House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-24-19
  • Stuk
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a brief biography of T.W.W., a barrister of Bradford, and provides a picture of him and his residence.

Edmund Garrett

Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
  • Stuk
  • 1906

This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Greenview Farm

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12
  • Stuk
  • 1906

Greenview Farm was the residence of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Sideroad 10. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Head, befo...

Edmund Garrett

Greenview Farm building

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12-2017-04-27-13
  • Deel
  • 1906

Greenview Farm was the residence and farm of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Bond Head. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Hea...

Edmund Garrett

House of Dr. Frederick Coney Stevenson - c. 1905

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2019-07-16-02
  • Stuk
  • 1908

Photograph of the home of Dr. Frederick Coney Stevenson at 136 Barrie Street, c. 1905. In the 1940s it was added to, the facade changed and turned into a nursing home. This picture was given to Lew Campbell by Ken Stevenson, Dr. Stevenson’s gran...

Lew Campbell

Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 22