Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 27 resultados Descripción archivística

27 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

18 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-20-2017-03-28-21
  • Parte
  • 1996

The structure located at 18 Holland St. West is a unique, infill building. It was built in the Boomtown style around the 1890’s on a narrow lot that was originally a laneway the two adjacent buildings. It had a side entrance to the Queen’s Hotel s...

Nancy Smith

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12-2017-03-17-13
  • Parte
  • 1996

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

92 Holland Street West - Bertha Sinclair's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-04-2017-04-01-05
  • Parte
  • 1995

Miss Sinclair’s House is a mid-block building located on the south side at 92 Holland Street West. It was built in the 1890’s in the Italianate style. Miss Bertha Sinclair lived in this house for many years. When she died, her nieces Kay and Isabe...

Nancy Smith

61 Holland Street East - The Bradford Town Hall

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-25-08-2017-03-25-09
  • Parte
  • 1996

The Bradford Town Hall is located at 61 Holland St. East. It survived the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown. The building was being used as a schoolhouse in 1875 when a severe wind storm blew off the roof and killed a member ...

Nancy Smith

63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10-2017-03-21-11
  • Parte
  • 1996

The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-17
  • Parte
  • 1995

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-16
  • Parte
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-15
  • Parte
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-12-2017-03-18-13
  • Parte
  • 1995

The Gummerson House is located at 151 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival Cottage style around the 1880’s. The Gummerson family moved to Bradford from Bond Head (on the southwest co...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06-2017-03-18-09
  • Parte
  • 1995

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 1 a 10 de 27