Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 37 results Archival description

32 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
  • Item
  • 1906

This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Animal Footprint

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-20-02
  • Item
  • 1994

An animal footprint in a building brick. The brick is displayed on a wood mount with a gold plaque. The item was recovered by Bill Patton during the demolition of the Convent in August 1994.

Bill Patton

Bessie, Libbie and William L. Campbell

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-CF-2019-02-08-04
  • Item
  • c. 1915

Photograph of Bessie Sutherland Campbell and her children, Elizabeth “Libbie” Florence Campbell and William L. Campbell outside of Bessie & William Campbell’s house on Johns Street, c. 1915. William's dog can also be seen in this picture.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Broughton, J.R.Y. & Alma Strong

  • CA BWGPL VS-1900-2979
  • Item
  • 1900-11-29

Event Date : Monday, November 26, 1900 Event Type : Marriage Description : Alma Marion, second daughter of the late William Strong, to J.R.Y. Broughton, of Newmarket, druggist. The wedding took place at Aldersyde, Bradford.The ceremony was perfor...

Bradford Witness

Buildings & Architecure F-L

  • CA BWGPL JS-Vol3-JSC-v3-1610
  • Item

Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from F-L

Joe Saint

Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9760
  • Item

The Campbell House (west view) located at 33 John St East. The house was built in 1900.

Convent Decorative Plaster Point

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-19-02
  • Item
  • After 1876

A decorative plaster point recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of the Diocese ...

Convent Plaster Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-05
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Convent Wood Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-06
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Results 1 to 10 of 37