Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 86 results Archival description

Only digital objects

Township of West Gwillimbury 1989 Plaque

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-12-05-03
  • Item
  • 1989-05

Wood and metal plaque from the Township of West Gwillimbury municipal building. The plaque has the town crest and lists reeves, councillors and those involved in building efforts.

Township of West Gwillimbury

Lions Club Library Plaque

  • CA BWGPL AR-Library-2019-02-01-08
  • Item
  • 1987-10-09

A wood and metal plaque. It reads: "This Local History Room was furnished by the Lions Club of Bradford to Commemorate the visit of Judge Brian Stevenson of Calgary President of the International Association of Lions Clubs on the occasion of thei...

Bradford Lions Club

Nail from Helmsdale Farm

  • CA BWGPL AR-OS10603
  • Item
  • ca. 1840

This handcrafted nail was found during renovations to the house built by Simon FRASER circa 1840 at Helmsdale Farm, West Gwillimbury.

21 Holland St. W.

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3216
  • Item
  • 1978

This is now the Evans and Evans Law Offices. Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information on this photo.

Dorothy Cilipka

10 and 12 Holland Street West - Compton's IGA

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 10 and 12 Holland St. West was built in the Ontario Vernacular style around 1872-1899. The two-storey, commercial, detached ‘row’ building had a narrow rectangular plan with an asymmetrical organization. ‘Main str...

Nancy Smith

18 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-20-2017-03-28-21
  • Part
  • 1996

The structure located at 18 Holland St. West is a unique, infill building. It was built in the Boomtown style around the 1890’s on a narrow lot that was originally a laneway the two adjacent buildings. It had a side entrance to the Queen’s Hotel s...

Nancy Smith

26 Holland Street West - Gardner's Hardware building

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-26
  • Item
  • 1995

This building is located at 26 Holland St. West. H.F.S. Gardner, his wife Bertha, and children Tom and Ada (who was in a wheelchair) moved from Newmarket to this area in 1920. They opened a combination general and hardware store that sold clothing...

Janice Hopkins

65 and 67 Holland Street West - Standard Bank

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The Standard Bank is located at 65 and 67 Holland St. West. It was built in the Romanesque Revival style around 1860-1900. O.M. Seim, previous owner of the Bradford Witness newspaper (1916-1932), and his family (Gordon, Ken, Marjorie, Maurice and ...

Nancy Smith

5 Barrie Street Masonic Lodge

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-01-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The Masonic Lodge is located upstairs at 5 Barrie Street. The door to the Lodge is under the sign behind the car. (1)

Janice Hopkins

Results 1 to 10 of 86