Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 5 results Archival description

5 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9760
  • Item

The Campbell House (west view) located at 33 John St East. The house was built in 1900.

Geo. Stoddart Home

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-OS11578
  • Item
  • 1900-1901

The residence of Mr. Geo. Stoddart. See Related Description links for the house's construction in newspaper snippets.

Saint House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-OS8804
  • Item

Home of Arthur Saint on the corner of Colborne and John Street.

Samuel Lukes' House / The Convent

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412
  • Item
  • 1961

This home was most known for the Lukes' residents, Samuel and his son, Gilbert. It was originally built by John MacLean Stevenson in 1876. It was sold, first to Robert Bingham in 1877, then to James Boddy in 1893 who named it "Fairview". After les...

The Convent restoration crew

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-OS8700
  • Item

Remodelling of the Convent when Mr. Oscar Lukes moved into it. Pictured are: Peters, Lorne Church, Oscar Lukes, Gib Lukes, Tom Saint, Len Saint, Bill Davey, Fred Collings