Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 9 results Archival description

9 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Barron's Store Front

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-OS10161
  • Item

Barron's Dominion Hardware storefront on Holland St. This building was erected in 1873, though Barron's Hardware was established in 1932 by Harry Barron. See the Related Description link for the history of Barron's Hardware.

Bradford Cabinet Works

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Mil-OS10312
  • Item

Bill Marks playing hockey in his back yard in front of the Bradford Cabinet Works with an old blacksmith shop on the left.

Bill Marks

Bradford Lawn Bowlers

  • CA BWGPL LHC-SportHist-OS10701
  • Item
  • c. 1913

Photograph of Bradford men: Ed Coombs (Reeve of Bradford), James Webb, T.W.W. Evans and Archie Wright. Lawn bowling balls are resting at their feet on the grass.

Canal Bank Service Centre

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9280
  • Item

The Canal Bank Lunch and Garage on the south west corner of the north canal bank and Simcoe road, owned by the Hrynyk’s

Canal Bank Service Centre

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9968
  • Item

Canal Bank Service Centre looking west. This was located on the corner of North Canal Road and Simcoe Rd, owned by the Hrynyk’s.

Holland Street Looking East

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-OS8501
  • Item

This is a picture of Holland Street looking east when it was just a dirt road. Kilkenny Furniture was located at the corner of Moore and Holland Streets. To the right of it is J.A. Webb's Meat Market, Ernest Snow's Saddlery, and Davey's Butcher Shop.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

T. Kilkenny & Sons Advertisement

  • CA BWGPL WEG-WWW-OS9393
  • Item
  • 1882

Copy of an ad in the Bradford Witness for T. Kilkenny and Sons that appeared in November of 1882.

Bradford Witness

The Guild and Go Station on Bridge Street

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-StreetView-OS10660
  • Item
  • 2007

Looking south across Bridge Street from the Bradford GO Station. In the background is the Restoration Guild (formerly Bak's Market).

Thomas Kilkenny Furniture

  • CA BWGPL OS10125
  • Item
  • c. 1880

A late Victorian c. 1880 side boar with decorative work, produced in Thomas Kilkenny's Furniture factory. It is owned by his great granddaughter Ruth Booth.