Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 265 resultados Descripción archivística

264 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

10 and 12 Holland Street West - Compton's IGA

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-03
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 10 and 12 Holland St. West was built in the Ontario Vernacular style around 1872-1899. The two-storey, commercial, detached ‘row’ building had a narrow rectangular plan with an asymmetrical organization. ‘Main str...

Nancy Smith

103 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-16
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house is located at 103 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

18 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-20-2017-03-28-21
  • Parte
  • 1996

The structure located at 18 Holland St. West is a unique, infill building. It was built in the Boomtown style around the 1890’s on a narrow lot that was originally a laneway the two adjacent buildings. It had a side entrance to the Queen’s Hotel s...

Nancy Smith

64 James Street

  • GJ-HB-2017-04-01-13
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The house located at 64 James St. was considered to be new when this photo was taken in 1995. The area behind the house was once used for lawn bowling. (1)

Janice Hopkins

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

108 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-11
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The stately house located at 108 Moore Street (on the northwest corner of Moore and Frederick Streets) was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. Originally, it was the home of the Andrew Thompson family. He was the owner of a har...

Nancy Smith

71 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 71 John St. East was built around 1900 in the Edwardian Classicism style. It was once the home of Sam Stein and his son and daughter. He was the owner of the Toronto Manufacturing Co. (maker of baby carriages and ...

Nancy Smith

15 and 19 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-06
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The building located at 15 Holland St. East was bought by Harold Boyd many years ago. He ran a pool room on the ground floor on the west side. He added a second floor above the pool room for living quarters. Jack Pong owned a restaurant on the eas...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 1 a 10 de 265