Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 35 resultados Descrição arquivística

34 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Parte
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

15 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 15 John Street East was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It was the home of Miss Arnold, a well-respected member of the community, during WWI. Dick Saint had part of the hous...

Nancy Smith

78 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 78 John St. East was built by George Saint in 1900. The two-storey, frame house had a kitchen at the rear. When George moved to Toronto (around 1916), it became the home of Miss Minnie Parkhill for many years. She finally ...

Janice Hopkins

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

Buildings & Architecure F-L

  • CA BWGPL JS-Vol3-JSC-v3-1610
  • Item

Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from F-L

Joe Saint

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

44 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The one-storey house once located on the west side at 44 Drury St. had stucco cladding originally. Many years ago it was the home of Fred McKay, his wife, and son (Bruce). Fred was a retired farmer. He had noted gardens (asparagus, strawberries, r...

Janice Hopkins

49 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-08
  • Item
  • 1997

The mid-block building once located at 49 Drury St. was built in the neoclassical style around 1880. James Currie (a retired farmer, businessman, carpenter and noted gardener) and his wife lived here many years ago. Gilbert Lukes, his wife, and so...

Nancy Smith

106 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-03
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 106 Frederick Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 1 a 10 de 35