Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 222 results Archivistische beschrijving

210 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Deel
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

35-37 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey building (with a cellar) located at 35 and 37 Bingham St. (on the northeast corner of Bingham and Centre Streets) was built by Sam Bernick many years ago. He bought the small lot from George “Duke” Lowe. (1, 2)

Joe Saint

45 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 45 Bingham St. was considered to be relatively new in 1995. (1, 2)

Joe Saint

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-18
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

Drury and Thomas Streets Parking Lot

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995-1996

Although currently being used as a parking lot, there was originally at least one house on this property located at the corner of Drury and Thomas Streets. George, Mell (Mel?), and Davey John had a one-storey, frame stucco house here. Margaret "Ma...

Joe Saint

63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...

Nancy Smith

37 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 37 Holland St. East was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880-1890’s. Originally, the left side on the ground floor contained an office occupied by grain buyers. It had a front door and a small window. The...

Nancy Smith

60 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building seen in this photo from 1995 was once located at 60 Holland St. East. It was rented to several people over the years, including a relative of Bob McKinstry. Years later, Alec Dutcher moved here from the Clubine farm at the back of to...

Janice Hopkins

72 and 74 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-01
  • Stuk
  • 1996

This mid-block building is located close to the street (on the south side) at 72 and 74 Holland St. East. It was built in the 1870’s (after the fire of 1871) in the Neoclassical Duplex style. According to historic maps, it may have been one of a p...

Nancy Smith

89 Holland Street East - Saint/Marks House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey, frame house located at 89 Holland St. East was the home of Tom and Mary (Harman) Saint for many years. The structure was moved across the river to this site from the Thompson Smith Saw Mill (at Amsterdam) after it closed. A crawl s...

Janice Hopkins

Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 222