Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 2 results Archival description

2 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Coulson's Hill

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2016-07-11-02
  • Item
  • 2016

Coulson's Hill The hamlet of Coulson's Hill was named after the Coulson family who settled here in 1822. They donated the land for the two church properties and cemeteries. The Anglican church was built in 1854, the Presbyterian church in1857. Th...

Amanda Gallagher

Deerhurst

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2016-07-11-01
  • Item
  • 2016

Deerhurst - from 1830, mail was received for the early settlers at John Gill's beer shanty at Deerhurst on the Penetang Road, midway between line 12 and line 13. On April 1st, 1863 and official post office opened near this same location and served...

Amanda Gallagher