Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Affichage de 6 résultats Description archivistique

6 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

15 and 19 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-06
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The building located at 15 Holland St. East was bought by Harold Boyd many years ago. He ran a pool room on the ground floor on the west side. He added a second floor above the pool room for living quarters. Jack Pong owned a restaurant on the eas...

Janice Hopkins

1933 Page of Business Ads

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Newsp-Adver-2019-02-05-03
  • Pièce
  • 1933-03-01

A page of Bradford business ads from 1933. Includes: Willson's Men's Wear Store, Nolan Motor Sales, Wm. Semenuk Electrical - Plumbing, Douglas Hardware, Bradford Flour Mills, L. J. McConkey & Son Supplies, Sutton's Hardware, Colly's Smoke Shop, Ca...

Luanne Campbell Edwards

70 and 72 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-13
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The structure located at 70 and 72 John St. East is a double, T-shaped, frame house once owned by Jim Spence (the former owner of the Spence Lumber Company). Jim and his children, Minnie (Hammel) and Alex, lived on the east side of the building (...

Janice Hopkins

Barron's Hardware sold after 45 years

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 77-PH26808
  • Pièce
  • 1977-02-09

"Norm Barron, owner of Barron's Dominion Hardware, has retired after 32 years in the hardware business. The store was founded by Norm's father Harry Barron in 1932 in a location now occupied by John Gaus Interiors and N.S. Smith Real Estate. The e...

George Jackson

Barron's Store Front

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-OS10161
  • Pièce

Barron's Dominion Hardware storefront on Holland St. This building was erected in 1873, though Barron's Hardware was established in 1932 by Harry Barron. See the Related Description link for the history of Barron's Hardware.

Holland Street 1938

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-2019-02-07-25
  • Pièce
  • 1938

A photograph depicting Holland Street taken by Lewis (Lew) Campbell in 1938. W. L. Campbell Drug Store and Barron's Hardware can be seen in the photo.

Lew Campbell