Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 7 results Archival description

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives Only digital objects

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Part
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02
  • Item
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...

Nancy Smith

29, 31 and 33 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 29 Holland St. West was vacant for many years. Howard Bowser bought and restored it as a shop with living quarters upstairs. Ted and Audrey Gapp lived here for a number of years. Helen Bantam ran a ladies’ shop downstairs ...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

47 and 49 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-07
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 47/49 Simcoe Road was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Originally, there was a long, one-storey, frame house located at this site. It had a verandah on the northwest side, a picket fence al...

Nancy Smith

52 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...

Nancy Smith