Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 15 results Archival description

11 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
  • Item
  • 1906

This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Convent Decorative Plaster Point

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-19-02
  • Item
  • After 1876

A decorative plaster point recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of the Diocese ...

Convent Plaster Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-05
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Convent Wood Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-06
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Grand Temperance Social

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Arti-2017-05-08-01
  • Item
  • 1868-02-27

This article highlights the Bradford Division Sons of Temperance social event held on February 26, 1868

South Simcoe News

History of Bradford's Grand Old Lady

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25358
  • Part
  • 1988-06-28

"Whatever becomes of this grand old lady, her colourful history will not be soon forgotten. When the Recreation Facilities Committee was formed consisting of Chairperson Ann Currie, Jim Culbert, Steve Boland, Ellen MacKenzey, Bill Germayne and Sh...

Bradford Gazette

Lukes' house / Convent

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH268
  • Item
  • 1930

This was the home of Sam and Gilbert Lukes. It was originally built by John MacLean Stevenson in 1876. It was sold, first to Robert Bingham in 1877, then to James Boddy in 1894(?) who named it "Fairview". Later, after a number of other sales, it ...

Lewis Campbell

Plaster Decorative Moulding from Convent

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-15-03
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

The Purchase of Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-2016-11-16-03
  • Part
  • 1910-04-28

"Masons, carpenters and painters have been for some time and are still at work at Algonquin Lodge, and "vaster than has been" are the improvements that are being made. This property was lately purchased from the Estate of the late Rev. E.R. Young ...

Bradford Witness

Thompson, Andrew obituary

  • CA BWGPL VS-1900-15641
  • Item
  • 1905-06-22

Event Date : Monday, June 19, 1905 Event Type : Death Description : On Monday evening, June 19th, as the shade of night fell upon our town, a darker shadow fell upon the well-known home of one of Bradford's oldest residents, as Mr. Andrew Thompso...

Bradford Witness

Results 1 to 10 of 15