Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 12 results Archival description

10 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
  • Item
  • 1906

This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Convent Decorative Plaster Point

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-19-02
  • Item
  • After 1876

A decorative plaster point recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of the Diocese ...

Convent Plaster Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-05
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Convent Wood Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-06
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

History of Bradford's Grand Old Lady

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25358
  • Part
  • 1988-06-28

"Whatever becomes of this grand old lady, her colourful history will not be soon forgotten. When the Recreation Facilities Committee was formed consisting of Chairperson Ann Currie, Jim Culbert, Steve Boland, Ellen MacKenzey, Bill Germayne and Sh...

Bradford Gazette

Lukes' house / Convent

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH268
  • Item
  • 1930

This was the home of Sam and Gilbert Lukes. It was originally built by John MacLean Stevenson in 1876. It was sold, first to Robert Bingham in 1877, then to James Boddy in 1894(?) who named it "Fairview". Later, after a number of other sales, it ...

Lewis Campbell

Plaster Decorative Moulding from Convent

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-15-03
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

The Purchase of Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-2016-11-16-03
  • Part
  • 1910-04-28

"Masons, carpenters and painters have been for some time and are still at work at Algonquin Lodge, and "vaster than has been" are the improvements that are being made. This property was lately purchased from the Estate of the late Rev. E.R. Young ...

Bradford Witness

Watson, Herbert & Laura Young

  • CA BWGPL VS-1900-4096
  • Item
  • 1907-09-19

Event Date : Saturday, September 14, 1907 Event Type : Marriage Description : Laura Winnifred Young, to Dr. Herbert E. Watson. The wedding took place at "Algonquin Lodge" Bradford. The ceremony was performed by the father of the bride Rev. Egerto...

Bradford Witness

Working to Preserve Convent's History

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25356
  • Part
  • 1987-03-08

Working to Preserve Convent's History Bradford - A lot of people are interested in seeing the empty building known as the old convent on Barrie Street saved, says one Bradford resident who is determined to do his part. Jim Culbert, known to thos...

Bradford Weekly

Results 1 to 10 of 12