Showing 57 results

Archival description
George Green
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

56 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

1 and 3 Holland Street East

The building located at 1 Holland St. East (on the northeast corner of Holland and Barrie Streets) is part of what is known as the Green Block. The structure was originally owned by Mr. Green, who lived with his family on the west side of Church St. in the hotel. The Masonic Hall is still found upstairs at this location in 2014. (1, 2)
Many businesses have been located at 3 Holland St. East (on the northeast corner of Holland and Barrie Streets) over the years. They include a grocery store, a boot and shoe shop (run by Charlie Wilson), an insurance company (that was later run by Fred Cook), a delivery service for C.N.R. (first by horse and buggy, then later by Model T Ford), a hamburger stand (run by Harold ‘Butch’ Boyd), and a telephone office. The first private telephone came to Bradford in 1885 and was run by a number of businessmen. There were ten phones only for Bradford. A garage was later added at the back at the laneway for trucks and cars. (1, 2)

George Jackson

130 Church Street - The George Green House

The George Green House is a corner building located at 130 Church Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1890’s. Originally, there was a barn located in the rear yard. The two-storey, two-bay house has a one-storey kitchen addition at the rear. It also has a rectangular plan, a side hall, and narrow window openings with high floor to ceiling heights. The building has a medium-pitched, gable roof. An asymmetrical façade has an open, covered, entrance porch with a hip roof that is raised slightly above grade. The porch roof is supported on turned posts with decorative, ‘gingerbread’ trim. There is a Regency entrance door with a transom and sidelights. The double-hung windows are not original. Plain, wood trim and sills still remain. The house has wood frame construction, wood shiplap siding, a stone foundation, and a cellar under the main portion of the house. The original siding was stucco and the chimney and shutters are later additions. According to the 2000 inventory, the house is in good condition with some original features. (1, 3)

George Jackson

Agricultural Society Assessment Appeal

An notice of assessment for the Bradford and West Gwillimbury Agricultural Society. The appeal section is filled in to announce the attention of disputing the assessment. It is filled out by George Green on behalf of the Agricultural Society. Appeals would have been heard by the Court of Revision.

John Harrison

Assessment Correspondence

Documents and correspondence between the Village of Bradford and other parties relating to the assessment roll and tax assessments.

John Harrison

B. B. Collings Letter

Letter from B. B. Collings to the Reeve & Councilors of Bradford, dated July 13, 1918.

John Harrison

Blackwell, Harold Leeds

Event Date: August 10, 1935
Event Type: Death

Description: Suddenly, at Bradford on Saturday, August 10, 1935, Harold Leeds Blackwell, manager of the local branch of the Canadian Bank of Commerce.

Bradford Witness

Bradford Lacrosse Club

Photograph of the 1908 Intermediate O.L.A. Champions.

Front Row: W. Reeves, Rex Morris (Mascot), J. Webb.

Middle Row (left to right): L.H. Campbell, W.C. Davey (Ex-President),
W.L. Campbell (Sec'y Treas.), T.E. Bell(President),
G.G. Green (Ex-President), B.B. Collings (Captain), L. Cotton.

Back Row (left to right): J.H. Martin, O. Robinson, N. McKinstry,
J. Sutherland, W.G. Sutherland, Robert McKinstry,
R. Anderson, E.V. Graham, L. Church.

Bill Marks

Bradford Lawn Bowling Club Membership List

A page listing members of the Bradford Lawn Bowling Club in an account and minute book of theirs. The club was founded in 1909 and William L. Campbell was a founding member.

"The following gentlemen have signified their intention of becoming part of the club:

H. S. Broughton
Peter Holt
T. W. W. Evans
D. F. Porter
T. A. Pratt
J. E. Hodgson
T. E. Bell
W. A. Stratton
Geo. D. Morton
Robt. Helmer
E. J. Morton
Alex. Logan
A. [Illegible] Wright
Geo. Ogilvie
Geo. G. Green
Dr. C. W. Ellis
Geo. R. Coombs
Geo. A. Carefoot
C. Casselman
A. E. Dyment
Dr. Stevenson
W. L. Campbell
Jos. Park
E. P. Snow
E. V. Peters
Mr. R. Perley
S. Martin
Gilbert Lukes
Wm. Manders
Jas. Bemrose
Fred Moore
A. E. Scanlon
Robt. Neilly
Herb Wiley
Ed Coombs
Robt. Stewart
L. C. McDonald"

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Bradford United Church Choir

From the Yesterday section of the Bradford Witness:
This is a photo of the Bradford United Church Choir taken on the front steps of the church on Barrie Street. Mrs. Aileen Gardner, of RR 1, Gilford, tells us it was taken around 1915.
Back Row, from left: Tom Batchelor, Norm Waldruff, George Green, Vida Broughton, Eldon Waldruff, Norman Hand, Les Ellerby. Middle Row: Edith (Neilly) Harvey, Unknown Walker, Unknown, Lettie Williams, Unknown, Lorenzo Harvey. Front Row: Mrs. Jim Brydon, Unknown, Mrs. G. Green, Unknown, Beatrice Waldruff, Nellie Broughton, Emilie Gardner.

Results 1 to 10 of 57