41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....
2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...
15 and 19 Holland Street East
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-06
The building located at 15 Holland St. East was bought by Harold Boyd many years ago. He ran a pool room on the ground floor on the west side. He added a second floor above the pool room for living quarters. Jack Pong owned a restaurant on the eas...