Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 123 results Archivistische beschrijving

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

122 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • Bestanddeel
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

65 and 67 Holland Street West - Standard Bank

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-01
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Standard Bank is located at 65 and 67 Holland St. West. It was built in the Romanesque Revival style around 1860-1900. O.M. Seim, previous owner of the Bradford Witness newspaper (1916-1932), and his family (Gordon, Ken, Marjorie, Maurice and ...

Nancy Smith

96 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-05-19
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 96 John St. West. It was considered to be “new” when this photo was taken in 1995. Many years previously, this property was owned by Bill and Mae Fuller. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09-2017-03-08-10
  • Deel
  • 1996

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

99 Barrie Street- The Pringle House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Pringle House is located mid-block on the east side at 99 Barrie Street. It was the home of Walter Pringle, owner and manager of the first Dominion store (on Holland St.) in the 1930’s. The 1½-storey, two-bay ‘bungalow’ was built in the Arts a...

Nancy Smith

105 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-01
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 105 Barrie St. was once the home of Dennis and Mrs. Nolan, their son James (a car dealer and salesman), and daughters Connie (a teacher at Bradford High School) and Aileen (also a teacher). Dennis Nolan was a Model T. Ford dea...

Joe Saint

111 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 111 Barrie St. was owned many years ago by Minnie (Spence) Hammel. It was rented to Alec and Mary Spence and Betty. When this house was built (before WWI), a wooden tank with a zinc liner was erected in the floored attic. Wate...

Joe Saint

Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 123