Saga of Achievements
- CA BWGPL AR-2017-07-12-01
- 1950 - 1960
Pedlar People Ltd; donated by Elsie Curry.
A booklet that describes the company history, the milestones and people involved along the way.
Also includes the contemporary list of employees and board members; the time being some point in the 1950s.
Pedlar People Ltd
Shephard & Morse Lumber Company Tin
- CA BWGPL AR-Build-2018-11-27-02
- 1877 - 1935
This is a small tin container, engraved with "Shephard & Morse Lumber Co/Boston, New York, Burlington, VT AND Ottawa, Canada." The company was in operation under this name from 1877 - 1935.
Part of a collection of woodworking tools and items owne...
- CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-22-19
Two bakery tokens that would have been given out by Alex Sutherland's bakery to patrons. One is for a 2lb loaf and the other a 4lb one.
Luanne Campbell Edwards
W. L. Campbell Drug Store Collection
- CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-23-06
- 1891 - 1951
A collection of items from when W.L. Campbell Drug Store was in operation and showcases the types of items that would have been sold there/the services offered. Items include lotions, powders, photo printing envelopes.
Luanne Campbell Edwards
W. Curry Seed House
- CA BWGPL DC-PH3217
This building was located on Holland St. E. The store pictured was owned by W. Curry who opened the business in 1943. Before Bradford Seed House opened, this building was a shoe store rented by Joe Coridan from Howard Bowser (Bowsher), an Englis...
- CA BWGPL DC-PH3258
Ed Cave built this cement building to use it as a milk creamery. Around 1934 Cousins Dairy in Aurora expanded to Bradford and added a restaurant to the building. There was also a Cousins Dairy in Newmarket around the 1960's. Cousins Dairy milkm...
Bailey River Farms
- CA BWGPL DC-PH3669
Destroyed by fire on April 28, 1988.
Moore Street 1969
- CA BWGPL DC-PH3683
The Kilkenny family first opened a furniture and undertaker business at this same location in 1842. Their primary business was in cabinetmaking when it first opened. Thomas Kilkenny is said to have introduced the first hearse to Simcoe County ar...
61 Holland Street East - The Bradford Town Hall
- CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-25-08
The Bradford Town Hall is located at 61 Holland St. East. It survived the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown. The building was being used as a schoolhouse in 1875 when a severe wind storm blew off the roof and killed a member ...
10 and 12 Holland Street West - Compton's IGA
- CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-03
The mid-block building located at 10 and 12 Holland St. West was built in the Ontario Vernacular style around 1872-1899. The two-storey, commercial, detached ‘row’ building had a narrow rectangular plan with an asymmetrical organization. ‘Main str...