Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 379 results Archival description

379 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

23 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-11
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 23 Church St. was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical style. The two-storey, five-bay structure has a rectangular, centre-hall plan and a medium-pitched, gable roof. There are chimneys at either end of the gable. T...

Nancy Smith

23 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 23 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was the home of retired farmer Walter King (during and after the war) until his death. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a rectan...

Nancy Smith

23 and 25 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-04
  • Item
  • 1996

This mid-block structure is located at 23 and 25 John St. East. It was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Lewis Algeo, one of the first Irish settlers in West Gwillimbury and a retired farmer, once lived in the west side of t...

Nancy Smith

23 and 27 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-25
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 23 Holland St. West may have been owned by George Stoddart Jr. at one time. It had living quarters upstairs. The ground floor once housed a bank (possibly the Imperial Bank) and there was a large vault in the back. The mana...

Janice Hopkins

23/25 and 27 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The buildings shown in this photo are located at 21, 23, 25 and 27 Holland St. East. One of the buildings in this row was once a bakery and confectionary owned by Jack Madil. There were two ovens in the rear and a barn at the back of the property....

Janice Hopkins

232 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-12
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 232 Barrie St. (on the southwest corner of Barrie and Fletcher Streets). It was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a medium-pitched, gable roof and large, symmet...

Nancy Smith

24 Queen Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-18-09
  • Item
  • 1996

This mid-block building located at 24 Queen St. was built pre-1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The one-storey cottage has an ‘L’-shaped plan with a centre hall. It has an asymmetrical façade, a medium-pitched, gable roof and off-centre gables at...

Nancy Smith

25 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-05
  • Item
  • 1995

This structure was originally a shed located on property owned by Tom Saint. It was moved to its current site at 25 Bingham St. (south of Centre Street) onto property owned by George “Duke” Lowe. After the shed was restored as a house, Duke marri...

Joe Saint

25 Joseph Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 25 Joseph St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘farmhouse’ has a modified, ‘L’-shaped plan with an off-centre hall. It has low and medium-pitched, gable roofs. The enclo...

Nancy Smith

25 year pins

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76/77/78-PH26762
  • Item
  • 1977-12-14

"Several members of the Imperial Order of Daughters of Empire (IODE) received their 25 year pins from regent Mrs. Lylia Culbert. From the left, Mrs. W.G. Bateman, Mrs. N.E. Collings, Mrs. Margaret Fallis, Mrs. Alec Spence, Mrs. Robert Veale, Mrs. ...

George Jackson

Results 91 to 100 of 379