Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 19979 results Archival description

5767 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

207 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-01
  • Item
  • 1995

This one-storey, cove-sided house is located on a hill at 207 John St. West. It was built well and has been maintained well over the years. Originally, there were stables and a woodshed behind the house. It was once the home of the Robert Spence f...

Janice Hopkins

208 Barrie Street - The Hulse House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-08
  • Item
  • 1996

The Hulse House is located mid-block on the west side at 208 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a hip roof. A projecting, two-storey wing has a gable roof. Edwardian featu...

Nancy Smith

21 Barrie Street European Bakery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The one-storey building with a flat roof located at 21 Barrie St. has been used by many businesses over the years. Tommy Lautonee owned the blacksmith and carriage factory once situated in this structure. George Geddes was the blacksmith there unt...

Joe Saint

21 Holland St. W.

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3216
  • Item
  • 1978

This is now the Evans and Evans Law Offices. Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information on this photo.

Dorothy Cilipka

21 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-22
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 21 Holland St. West is part of what is known as the Evans Block. The building was raised and Len Saint added a cellar and a foundation. The work was done by Mac Campbell and his team of carpenters. T.W.W. Evans had the bui...

Janice Hopkins

21 Joseph Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 21 Joseph St. was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. It is a 1½-storey, ‘L’-shaped building with a steeply-pitched, gable roof. The house has large window openings with high floor to ceiling heights an...

Nancy Smith

21 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 21 Simcoe Road was built by George Stoddart before World War I. Originally, it was clad in brick and there was a large barn at the rear across the full lot. There was also a 2’-square dumb waiter in the house. It wa...

Janice Hopkins

214 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-09
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the west side at 214 Barrie St. was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The 1½-storey, rectangular building has a medium-pitched, gable roof. There are large window openings with high floor to ceiling h...

Nancy Smith

218 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-16
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey structure is located at 218 Simcoe Road. It is the fourth house on the west side (south of the “Y” in Simcoe Road). Robert Stewart, his wife, and family lived here many years ago. His son George, who married Ethel Waldruff, played ...

Janice Hopkins

Results 151 to 160 of 19979