Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 19978 results Archival description

5767 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

23/25 and 27 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The buildings shown in this photo are located at 21, 23, 25 and 27 Holland St. East. One of the buildings in this row was once a bakery and confectionary owned by Jack Madil. There were two ovens in the rear and a barn at the back of the property....

Janice Hopkins

232 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-12
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 232 Barrie St. (on the southwest corner of Barrie and Fletcher Streets). It was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a medium-pitched, gable roof and large, symmet...

Nancy Smith

24 Carrot Gold Country...

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Event-CARR-2018-11-08-11
  • Item
  • 2001-08-18

Article about Carrotfest 2001 and what to expect for events.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

24 Queen Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-18-09
  • Item
  • 1996

This mid-block building located at 24 Queen St. was built pre-1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The one-storey cottage has an ‘L’-shaped plan with a centre hall. It has an asymmetrical façade, a medium-pitched, gable roof and off-centre gables at...

Nancy Smith

25 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-05
  • Item
  • 1995

This structure was originally a shed located on property owned by Tom Saint. It was moved to its current site at 25 Bingham St. (south of Centre Street) onto property owned by George “Duke” Lowe. After the shed was restored as a house, Duke marri...

Joe Saint

25 Joseph Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 25 Joseph St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘farmhouse’ has a modified, ‘L’-shaped plan with an off-centre hall. It has low and medium-pitched, gable roofs. The enclo...

Nancy Smith

25 year pins

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76/77/78-PH26762
  • Item
  • 1977-12-14

"Several members of the Imperial Order of Daughters of Empire (IODE) received their 25 year pins from regent Mrs. Lylia Culbert. From the left, Mrs. W.G. Bateman, Mrs. N.E. Collings, Mrs. Margaret Fallis, Mrs. Alec Spence, Mrs. Robert Veale, Mrs. ...

George Jackson

250 Barrie Street - The Stoddart House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-13
  • Item
  • 1996

The Stoddart House is located at 250 Barrie Street. It was built around 1870 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Some of the early settlers in the Bradford area were members of the Stoddard/Stoddart family. John Stoddard settled along the Bond Hea...

Nancy Smith

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

26 Holland Street West - Gardner's Hardware building

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-26
  • Item
  • 1995

This building is located at 26 Holland St. West. H.F.S. Gardner, his wife Bertha, and children Tom and Ada (who was in a wheelchair) moved from Newmarket to this area in 1920. They opened a combination general and hardware store that sold clothing...

Janice Hopkins

Results 171 to 180 of 19978