Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 17 resultados Descrição arquivística

17 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

27 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
  • Item
  • 1995

Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...

Janice Hopkins

21 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 21 Simcoe Road was built by George Stoddart before World War I. Originally, it was clad in brick and there was a large barn at the rear across the full lot. There was also a 2’-square dumb waiter in the house. It wa...

Janice Hopkins

46 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The building located at 46 Simcoe Road (on the corner of Thomas St. and Simcoe Road) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. James Church, and then Jimmie Jackson, his wife, and son once lived in this house. Jimmie worked for t...

Nancy Smith

61 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 61 Simcoe Road was built around 1850-1880 in the Classic Revival style. Emerson Glover and his wife and children (Betty, Wilma, Joe and Mary) moved to this house from Coulson’s Hill. He had Len Saint build a cemen...

Nancy Smith

70 and 72 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The units located at 70 Simcoe Road (north side) and 72 Simcoe Road (south side) are part of an apartment building that was erected in 1980. The property was originally the site of a large, frame house that had a woodshed, chicken house, and a hor...

Janice Hopkins

319 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The large, two-sorey structure located on the east side at 319 Simcoe Road was the home of George Peterman, his wife Sarah (Leopard) and his children (Ernest, Melville, Gurnard, Bertrand, Ila, Norma and Doris) many years ago. He bought Lowery farm...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 11 a 17 de 17