Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 475 results Archival description

463 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

107 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building on the north side at 107 John St. East was built around the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The main house was moved to this site from the saw mill in Amsterdam during the early 1900’s. It was the home of Arthur ...

Nancy Smith

108 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey, brick house located at 108 Holland St. West was built by John Maurino on what was originally a 100-acre farm owned by John Skinner. Skinner lived on Church St. (at the southeast corner of John Street). There was a creek behind the ...

Janice Hopkins

108 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The stately house located at 108 Moore Street (on the northwest corner of Moore and Frederick Streets) was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. Originally, it was the home of the Andrew Thompson family. He was the owner of a har...

Nancy Smith

11 and 13 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-05
  • Item
  • 1995

There was a vacant lot located at 11 Holland St. East after the big fire of 1871. Dennis Nolan built an addition to his Model T Ford dealership (located at 9 Holland St. E.) on this vacant lot. Len Saint used cement to build the new structure and ...

Joe Saint

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06-2017-03-18-07
  • Part
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06-2017-03-18-09
  • Part
  • 1995

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06-2017-03-18-08
  • Part
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

111 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 111 Barrie St. was owned many years ago by Minnie (Spence) Hammel. It was rented to Alec and Mary Spence and Betty. When this house was built (before WWI), a wooden tank with a zinc liner was erected in the floored attic. Wate...

Joe Saint

Results 11 to 20 of 475