Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 32 results Archival description

32 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

47 and 49 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-07
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 47/49 Simcoe Road was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Originally, there was a long, one-storey, frame house located at this site. It had a verandah on the northwest side, a picket fence al...

Nancy Smith

52 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...

Nancy Smith

61 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 61 Simcoe Road was built around 1850-1880 in the Classic Revival style. Emerson Glover and his wife and children (Betty, Wilma, Joe and Mary) moved to this house from Coulson’s Hill. He had Len Saint build a cemen...

Nancy Smith

64 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-10
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 64 Simcoe Road was built on what was originally a vacant lot to the west of the Aiken’s property. The lot was sold to Leonard Saint by the McDonald sisters in 1946. Len built a frame, stucco house on the property in the winter...

Janice Hopkins

70 and 72 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The units located at 70 Simcoe Road (north side) and 72 Simcoe Road (south side) are part of an apartment building that was erected in 1980. The property was originally the site of a large, frame house that had a woodshed, chicken house, and a hor...

Janice Hopkins

73 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The house currently located at 73 Simcoe Road was built by Morton in 1995 . The original structure at this site was destroyed by fire. It had been the home of Ernest (Boo) Rogers and his wife and children (Frank, Eric, Florence, Amos, Jacqueline, ...

Janice Hopkins

78 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-13
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 78 Simcoe Road was once the home of Bob Root, his wife Sarah, and children (Bill and Mildred). The family moved here from Newton Robinson many years ago. He was a pump maker and a repairman. Howard Robson, Evelyn, ...

Janice Hopkins

87 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-14
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 87 Simcoe Road (at the corner of Edward St. and Simcoe Road) was the home of Miss Henderson many years ago. She was a kind, elderly lady who helped a number of poorer people in Bradford. There was a barn and a garde...

Janice Hopkins

A. Sutherland Grocery Invoice

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-CF-2018-06-11-20
  • Item
  • 1926

Image of an invoice from A. Sutherland Grocery on Holland Street. The invoice is dated June 12th, 1926 and to Hazel Campbell. Alexander Sutherland also operated a bakery on Simcoe Road. His wife, Elizabeth was the sister of Bessie Campbell (wife ...

Lew Campbell

Canal Bank Service Centre

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9280
  • Item

The Canal Bank Lunch and Garage on the south west corner of the north canal bank and Simcoe road, owned by the Hrynyk’s

Results 11 to 20 of 32