Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 18 results Archival description

17 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

81 Frederick Street - The Anglican Church Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-02
  • Item
  • 1996

The former Anglican Church Manse is located at 81 Frederick St. (on the northeast corner of Church and Frederick Streets). The structure was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. The two-storey, rectangular building has a medium-pi...

Nancy Smith

Convent demolition to start this week

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH26598
  • Item
  • 1994

"Demolition of the old convent on Barrie Street was scheduled to begin this week. The site, north of Frederick Street, will be the home of a new multi-service facility. When it's done in March 1995, it will be 15,000 square feet in size and will a...

Rod Urquhart

Hunt, George Edward & Jaques, Betty Ann

  • CA BWGPL VS-1900-21003
  • Item
  • 1965-06-02

Event Date : Saturday, May 22, 1965 Event Type : Marriage Description : Betty Ann, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Jaques, R.R. 2, Newmarket, to George Edward Hunt of Bradford, son of Mrs. Hunt of Bradford and the late Mr. Albert Hunt. The marria...

Bradford Witness

Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3681
  • Item
  • 1978

It was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. Located on the corner of Barrie and Frederick Streets. Built around 1885.

Dorothy Cilipka

Roman Catholic Church

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-03-27-46
  • Item
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a quick history of the Roman Catholic Church, which was located on the corner of Moore and Frederick Streets. It was built in 1862. The officiating priest was Rev. Father Whitney in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Thompson's Hardware

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-PH3690
  • Item
  • 1900s

Andrew Thompson first started the hardware store in 1865. He was born in Innisfil township, and first started a hardware store with a Mr. Kendall. He then bought out his partner, and the Driffill's Hardware store on the corner, and proceeded to ...

William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3680
  • Item
  • 1978

Located on the corner of Church and Frederick Streets. Built around 1850. The Gingerbreading fretwork on the roof was a common architectural detail of this time.

Dorothy Cilipka

dePeuter draw

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76/77/78-PH26746
  • Item
  • 1977-11-09

"Clarence Ritchie (left) of 69 Frederick Street, Bradford, accepts tickets for a trip for two to Mexico from Lawrence de Peuter, owner of DePeuter Interiors. Mr. Ritchie and his wife were the winners in the third annual draw sponsored by DePeuter ...

Bradford Witness

Results 11 to 18 of 18