Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 18 results Archival description

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

18 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-16
  • Part
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

170 Barrie Street - The Gib Lukes House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-09-2017-03-07-11
  • Part
  • 1996

The Gib Lukes House is located mid-block on the west side at 170 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Edwardian Classicism style. The garage at the rear where Gib Lukes parked his Stanley Steamer automobile is currently the building at 123...

Nancy Smith

170 Barrie Street - The Gib Lukes House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-09-2017-03-14-10
  • Part
  • 1996

The Gib Lukes House is located mid-block on the west side at 170 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Edwardian Classicism style. The garage at the rear where Gib Lukes parked his Stanley Steamer automobile is currently the building at 123...

Nancy Smith

184 Barrie Street - The Thorpe House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-06-2017-03-15-07
  • Part
  • 1995

The Thorpe House is located mid-block on the west side at 184 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. Miss St. Clair lived in this house many years ago. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a projecting, two-stor...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09-2017-03-08-10
  • Part
  • 1996

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

96 Barrie Street - The Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-05-2017-03-10-06
  • Part
  • 1995

The Methodist Manse is located at 96 Barrie St. on the southwest corner of Barrie and Frederick (formerly known as Letitia) Streets. It was built around 1885 in the neoclassical style. The building was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. It la...

Nancy Smith

97 Church Street - The William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-03-2017-03-18-04
  • Part
  • 1996

The William Melbourne House is located at 97 Church St. (at the corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1870-80’s by Bill Curry. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has large window openings with hig...

Nancy Smith

97 Church Street - The William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-03-2017-03-18-05
  • Part
  • 1996

The William Melbourne House is located at 97 Church St. (at the corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1870-80’s by Bill Curry. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has large window openings with hig...

Nancy Smith

Results 11 to 18 of 18