Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 94 results Archival description

93 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Item
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

117 James Street - The Isaac Coburn House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-18
  • Item
  • 1996

The Isaac Cobourn House is located mid-block at 117 James Street. It was built in the Arts and Crafts style in the 1920’s by a good carpenter for his family. The 1½-storey bungalow has an asymmetrical, ‘L’-shaped plan. There are wide, window openi...

Nancy Smith

48 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the south side at 48 James St. was built in 1840-60 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The one-storey cottage was once the home of Mrs. Peterman. It has a rectilinear plan, a medium-pitched, gable roof and an asymme...

Janice Hopkins

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-17
  • Part
  • 1995

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-16
  • Part
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-15
  • Part
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-12-2017-03-18-13
  • Part
  • 1995

The Gummerson House is located at 151 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival Cottage style around the 1880’s. The Gummerson family moved to Bradford from Bond Head (on the southwest co...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06-2017-03-18-09
  • Part
  • 1995

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06-2017-03-18-08
  • Part
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

Results 11 to 20 of 94