Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 25 results Archival description

25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

28 Barrie Street Becker's Store

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The southwest corner of John and Barrie Streets, which is now recognized as 28 Barrie St., was a vacant lot for many years. When Highway 11 was widened, Allan (Wink) Crake built a service station here. Bill Aikens ran it until his death during WWI...

Joe Saint

29, 31 and 33 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 29 Holland St. West was vacant for many years. Howard Bowser bought and restored it as a shop with living quarters upstairs. Ted and Audrey Gapp lived here for a number of years. Helen Bantam ran a ladies’ shop downstairs ...

Nancy Smith

30 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-27
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 30 Holland St. West (on the southeast corner of Holland and Drury Streets) has been the site of many businesses, including Bradford Travel (as seen in this photo from 1995). Many years previously, George Ogilvie, a tailor, ...

Janice Hopkins

32 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-01
  • Item
  • 1995

Ed Cave built the flat-roofed, cement building located at 32 Holland St. East. It was originally used as a milk creamery. Around 1934, Cousins Dairy (from Aurora) took over and put Roy in charge. A restaurant was added at the front that was run by...

Janice Hopkins

37 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 37 Holland St. East was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880-1890’s. Originally, the left side on the ground floor contained an office occupied by grain buyers. It had a front door and a small window. The...

Nancy Smith

37 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-02
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey, solid-brick building is located on the north side at 37 Holland St. West (on the corner of Holland and Moore Streets). It has been the site of several businesses, including Western Tire, Municipal Savings and Loan, and a grocery s...

Janice Hopkins

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03-2017-03-29-05
  • Part
  • 1996

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03-2017-03-29-04
  • Part
  • 1995

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

4 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-02
  • Item
  • 1997

The original building located at 4 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets) was built in the 1840’s and was situated on land originally owned by James Drury. He was one of the early immigrants who reached Upper Cana...

Janice Hopkins

Results 11 to 20 of 25