Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 265 results Archival description

264 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Drury and Thomas Streets Parking Lot

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-02
  • Item
  • 1995-1996

Although currently being used as a parking lot, there was originally at least one house on this property located at the corner of Drury and Thomas Streets. George, Mell (Mel?), and Davey John had a one-storey, frame stucco house here. Margaret "Ma...

Joe Saint

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • File
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

Hydro Sub. John E./Nelson St.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-06
  • Item
  • 1995-1996

The first hydro substation in Bradford was located on Nelson St. (south of John St. East). It was built in 1916 (or 1918) by Tom and Len Saint on a small piece of property owned by the foundry on Holland Street. (1, 2) Please contact the Bradford ...

Janice Hopkins

Mary Street - Town Taxi

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-18-14
  • Item
  • 1995-1996

This structure faces Mary Street and is located at the rear of the former Winchester Arms Restaurant (on the southwest corner of Holland and Barrie Streets). Green, board and batten cladding had been added since the photo was taken in 1995 or 1996...

Janice Hopkins

Results 261 to 265 of 265