Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 124 results Archival description

123 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

84 Williams Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-04
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located on the west side at 84 Williams Street (at the top of Back Street). It was the home of Bob Root, his wife (Sarah), and children (Bill Jr. and Mildred). Originally, there were barns and sheds at the back and they kept cows, ho...

Janice Hopkins

319 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The large, two-sorey structure located on the east side at 319 Simcoe Road was the home of George Peterman, his wife Sarah (Leopard) and his children (Ernest, Melville, Gurnard, Bertrand, Ila, Norma and Doris) many years ago. He bought Lowery farm...

Janice Hopkins

223 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-17
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey, frame and cement-clad house is located south of the “Y” at 223 Simcoe Road. Mr. Bruce bought this house and the land (which extended south to the town limits and over the canal) many years ago. A marsh laneway ran east and there w...

Janice Hopkins

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

61 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 61 Simcoe Road was built around 1850-1880 in the Classic Revival style. Emerson Glover and his wife and children (Betty, Wilma, Joe and Mary) moved to this house from Coulson’s Hill. He had Len Saint build a cemen...

Nancy Smith

87 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-14
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 87 Simcoe Road (at the corner of Edward St. and Simcoe Road) was the home of Miss Henderson many years ago. She was a kind, elderly lady who helped a number of poorer people in Bradford. There was a barn and a garde...

Janice Hopkins

73 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The house currently located at 73 Simcoe Road was built by Morton in 1995 . The original structure at this site was destroyed by fire. It had been the home of Ernest (Boo) Rogers and his wife and children (Frank, Eric, Florence, Amos, Jacqueline, ...

Janice Hopkins

70 and 72 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The units located at 70 Simcoe Road (north side) and 72 Simcoe Road (south side) are part of an apartment building that was erected in 1980. The property was originally the site of a large, frame house that had a woodshed, chicken house, and a hor...

Janice Hopkins

64 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-10
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 64 Simcoe Road was built on what was originally a vacant lot to the west of the Aiken’s property. The lot was sold to Leonard Saint by the McDonald sisters in 1946. Len built a frame, stucco house on the property in the winter...

Janice Hopkins

47 and 49 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-07
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 47/49 Simcoe Road was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Originally, there was a long, one-storey, frame house located at this site. It had a verandah on the northwest side, a picket fence al...

Nancy Smith

Results 21 to 30 of 124