Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 234 resultados Descripción archivística

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

234 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

89 Holland Street East - Saint/Marks House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-04
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The two-storey, frame house located at 89 Holland St. East was the home of Tom and Mary (Harman) Saint for many years. The structure was moved across the river to this site from the Thompson Smith Saw Mill (at Amsterdam) after it closed. A crawl s...

Janice Hopkins

1 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-01
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1997

The building located at 1 Holland St. West was originally built as a hotel (Central Hotel, Uneeda Hotel, H. Hulse Hotel). Tom and Len Saint worked on the construction of the building. George Webb ran the hotel for a while before he moved to Saskat...

Janice Hopkins

23 and 27 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-25
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The building located at 23 Holland St. West may have been owned by George Stoddart Jr. at one time. It had living quarters upstairs. The ground floor once housed a bank (possibly the Imperial Bank) and there was a large vault in the back. The mana...

Janice Hopkins

29, 31 and 33 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-01
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The structure located at 29 Holland St. West was vacant for many years. Howard Bowser bought and restored it as a shop with living quarters upstairs. Ted and Audrey Gapp lived here for a number of years. Helen Bantam ran a ladies’ shop downstairs ...

Nancy Smith

30 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-27
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The building located at 30 Holland St. West (on the southeast corner of Holland and Drury Streets) has been the site of many businesses, including Bradford Travel (as seen in this photo from 1995). Many years previously, George Ogilvie, a tailor, ...

Janice Hopkins

113 Holland Street West - Art Saint House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-07
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

Builder A.J. (Arthur) Saint and his wife Margaret once lived in the structure located at 113 Holland St. West. Art bought the house in 1931 and completely remodeled it. He added a walk-in refrigerator and a two-car garage in the old summer kitchen...

Janice Hopkins

185 Holland Street West - The Turner House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Turner House is located at 185 Holland Street West (on the northwest corner of Holland and Toronto Streets). It was built in the 1880’s in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has an asymmetrical façade. The g...

Nancy Smith

49 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-12
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The building located at 49 James St. was once home of the Simpkin family (plumbing and heating). It was the home of the Bateman family when this photo was taken in 1995. (1)

Janice Hopkins

68 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-15
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This one-storey house is located at 68 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 21 a 30 de 234