Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 24 results Archival description

Only digital objects

89 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-18
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 89 John St. East is set well back from street. It was built around 1860-1880’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. John Edwin (or Harry) Cerswell, a retired gentleman, lived here at one time before selling th...

Nancy Smith

93 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-01
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the north side at 93 John Street East was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. A large horse stable and a barn for storing marsh hay once stood behind the house. A fence also ran across the length o...

Nancy Smith

98 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 98 John St. East was the home of the Collings family years ago. The large, two-storey, frame and stucco-clad house has a long shed at the back that was once used for automobile storage (and later as a utilities room). Befo...

Janice Hopkins

Hydro Sub. John E./Nelson St.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-06
  • Item
  • 1995-1996

The first hydro substation in Bradford was located on Nelson St. (south of John St. East). It was built in 1916 (or 1918) by Tom and Len Saint on a small piece of property owned by the foundry on Holland Street. (1, 2) Please contact the Bradford ...

Janice Hopkins

Results 21 to 24 of 24