Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 26 results Archivistische beschrijving

26 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

120 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building located at 120 Holland St. West in this photo from 1995 replaces one built by Watson (a cement block and sidewalk builder) just before, or during, WWI. That structure had a barn and shed for stock and chickens at the back. The Slothin...

Janice Hopkins

12 and 16 Holland Street West - Sutherland's Grocery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

Sutherland’s Grocery Store was once found at 12 Holland St. West (site of Karen’s and Tina’s Flowers in this 1995 photo). Alec Sutherland was a baker. He had a bakeshop on the south side of Simcoe St. that was run for many years by his daughter Je...

Nancy Smith

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

57 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-06
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the north side at 57 Holland Street West was built in the Eclectic Edwardian style in 1900-1920. It has been the home of many people over the years, including Ken Sawdon (who later moved to Mt. Pleasant), Dr. R.H...

Nancy Smith

73 Holland Street West - The William Curry House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The William Curry House is a mid-block building located at 73 Holland St. West. It was built in the Gothic Revival style around the 1890’s. Bill Curry, a carpenter, and his wife and children (Harvey and Jessie) moved here from the 14th Line, West ...

Nancy Smith

65 and 67 Holland Street West - Standard Bank

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-01
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Standard Bank is located at 65 and 67 Holland St. West. It was built in the Romanesque Revival style around 1860-1900. O.M. Seim, previous owner of the Bradford Witness newspaper (1916-1932), and his family (Gordon, Ken, Marjorie, Maurice and ...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 21 tot 26 van 26