Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 20254 results Archival description

5970 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

96 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-05-19
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 96 John St. West. It was considered to be “new” when this photo was taken in 1995. Many years previously, this property was owned by Bill and Mae Fuller. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

97 Church Street - The William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The William Melbourne House is located at 97 Church St. (at the corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1870-80’s by Bill Curry. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has large window openings with hig...

Nancy Smith

97 Church Street - The William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-03-2017-03-18-04
  • Part
  • 1996

The William Melbourne House is located at 97 Church St. (at the corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1870-80’s by Bill Curry. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has large window openings with hig...

Nancy Smith

97 Church Street - The William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-03-2017-03-18-05
  • Part
  • 1996

The William Melbourne House is located at 97 Church St. (at the corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1870-80’s by Bill Curry. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has large window openings with hig...

Nancy Smith

98 Essa Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-05
  • Item
  • 1995

This building is located at 98 Essa Street (on property that was owned by Miss Hill many years ago). The structure later became the home of Ted Gapp. (1)

Janice Hopkins

98 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 98 John St. East was the home of the Collings family years ago. The large, two-storey, frame and stucco-clad house has a long shed at the back that was once used for automobile storage (and later as a utilities room). Befo...

Janice Hopkins

99 Barrie Street- The Pringle House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The Pringle House is located mid-block on the east side at 99 Barrie Street. It was the home of Walter Pringle, owner and manager of the first Dominion store (on Holland St.) in the 1930’s. The 1½-storey, two-bay ‘bungalow’ was built in the Arts a...

Nancy Smith

99 Essa Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-06
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 99 Essa St. (on the southwest corner of Frederick and Essa Streets). It was once the This house is located at 99 Essa St. (on the southwest corner of Frederick and Essa Streets). It was once the home of Dick Lee. (1)

Janice Hopkins

A Brush With Art

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 74/75-PH27037
  • Item
  • 1974-09-25

"Bruno Cavallo is having a good time in Bradford. At least you'd think he would be, having sold 'about 10' paintings from his showing at the Royal Bank. Mr. Cavallo has also painted five local scenes from around Bradford and the local countryside,...

George Jackson

A Glimpse of History

  • CA BWGPL PH25604

Municipality : Community : Bradford West Gwillimbury Lot : Concession : Description : A Glimpse of History When Lucy Shepherd (nee Fairbank) lived in the old Steel House at Steel's Corners (Highway 11 and Concession 14), she and her siblings d...

Results 351 to 360 of 20254