Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 19166 results Archival description

5143 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

113 Holland Street West - Art Saint House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-07
  • Item
  • 1995

Builder A.J. (Arthur) Saint and his wife Margaret once lived in the structure located at 113 Holland St. West. Art bought the house in 1931 and completely remodeled it. He added a walk-in refrigerator and a two-car garage in the old summer kitchen...

Janice Hopkins

113 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 113 John St. East (on the southeast corner of John and Nelson Streets) was the last house on John Street East. This area was known as French Town at the time because of the French families living there who had come to Bradford...

Janice Hopkins

115 Hurd Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-13
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located mid-block at 115 Hurd St. was built around 1920-1940 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. It was once the home of Aldie Robinson. The Waldruff family lived here years later. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has a symmetrical fa...

Nancy Smith

116 Hurd Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-14
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located mid-block at 116 Hurd St. was built pre-1890 in the Ontario Vernacular style. It was once the home of carpenter Arthur Moseley. The two-storey, rectangular building has simple detailing. There is a centre hall, a single-storey re...

Nancy Smith

116 women at annual meeting

  • CA BWGPL GJ-Hap77-PH26839
  • Item
  • 1977-05-25

Alliston - South Simcoe District Women's Institute held its 75th annual meeting in Alliston last week, with 116 delegates attending from 11 branches. District president Mrs. Paul Tipping of Tottenham and secretary treasurer Mrs. Everett McVety of ...

Jean Saunter

117 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-05
  • Item
  • 1995

This house located at 117 Frederick St. was once the home of Jack Barnard. By 1995, this structure was the home of Bill and Terry Lotto. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

117 James Street - The Isaac Coburn House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-18
  • Item
  • 1996

The Isaac Cobourn House is located mid-block at 117 James Street. It was built in the Arts and Crafts style in the 1920’s by a good carpenter for his family. The 1½-storey bungalow has an asymmetrical, ‘L’-shaped plan. There are wide, window openi...

Nancy Smith

119 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 119 Barrie St. was one of seven houses begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the projects were completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edwardian Clas...

Nancy Smith

12 and 16 Holland Street West - Sutherland's Grocery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-04
  • Item
  • 1995

Sutherland’s Grocery Store was once found at 12 Holland St. West (site of Karen’s and Tina’s Flowers in this 1995 photo). Alec Sutherland was a baker. He had a bakeshop on the south side of Simcoe St. that was run for many years by his daughter Je...

Nancy Smith

120 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 120 Holland St. West in this photo from 1995 replaces one built by Watson (a cement block and sidewalk builder) just before, or during, WWI. That structure had a barn and shed for stock and chickens at the back. The Slothin...

Janice Hopkins

Results 31 to 40 of 19166