Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Affichage de 80 résultats Description archivistique

79 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

27 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-12
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The building located at 27 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Moore Streets) was built around 1890 in the Gothic Revival style. It was the home of John Lee (a retired farmer from north of Bradford) for many years. After World War I...

Nancy Smith

111 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-02
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 111 John St. West was built around 1880 in the Neoclassical style. It was known locally as “The Edmanson Home”. Thomas Edmanson was an undertaker and a businessman who lived here for many years. ...

Nancy Smith

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Pièce
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

49 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-08
  • Pièce
  • 1997

The mid-block building once located at 49 Drury St. was built in the neoclassical style around 1880. James Currie (a retired farmer, businessman, carpenter and noted gardener) and his wife lived here many years ago. Gilbert Lukes, his wife, and so...

Nancy Smith

63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10-2017-03-21-11
  • Partiellement
  • 1996

The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...

Nancy Smith

2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...

Nancy Smith

71 and 73 Holland Street East - The Edmanson Hotel

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-10
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The corner building located close to the street (on the north side) at 71 and 73 Holland St. East was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in 1831. This building was known as the Edmanson Hotel. It is the earliest hotel and possibly the oldest b...

Janice Hopkins

45 Holland Street East - The Edmund Garrett House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-05
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Edmund Garrett House is a two-storey building located at 45 Holland St. East. It was built in the Classic Revival style in the 1880’s (after the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown). The building was converted into two liv...

Nancy Smith

83 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-03
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 83 Holland St. East was built in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was constructed pre-1900 on what was once the site of a pop manufacturing plant. According to local history, bottles were still being une...

Nancy Smith

Résultats 31 à 40 sur 80