Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 428 results Archival description

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

422 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

119 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 119 Barrie St. was one of seven houses begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the projects were completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edwardian Clas...

Nancy Smith

12 and 16 Holland Street West - Sutherland's Grocery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-04
  • Item
  • 1995

Sutherland’s Grocery Store was once found at 12 Holland St. West (site of Karen’s and Tina’s Flowers in this 1995 photo). Alec Sutherland was a baker. He had a bakeshop on the south side of Simcoe St. that was run for many years by his daughter Je...

Nancy Smith

120 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 120 Holland St. West in this photo from 1995 replaces one built by Watson (a cement block and sidewalk builder) just before, or during, WWI. That structure had a barn and shed for stock and chickens at the back. The Slothin...

Janice Hopkins

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

123 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-19
  • Item
  • 1995

This building is located at 123 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

123 John Street West - The Former Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The former Presbyterian Manse is located at 123 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Presbyterian ministers lived here in the 1920-1930’s. Rev. McLaren and h...

Nancy Smith

123 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located mid-block at 123 Moore Street was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It stood behind the grand, Italianate villa (The Convent) that was once located at 118 Barrie Street and was the home of the Lukes’ family. Original...

Nancy Smith

126 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the south side at 126 John St. West was built in the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a back lane for Jim Woods' house and barn next to this house. Pratt lived here many years ago ...

Nancy Smith

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Item
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

Results 31 to 40 of 428