Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Affichage de 69 résultats Description archivistique

68 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10-2017-03-21-11
  • Partiellement
  • 1996

The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...

Nancy Smith

71 and 73 Holland Street East - The Edmanson Hotel

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-10
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The corner building located close to the street (on the north side) at 71 and 73 Holland St. East was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in 1831. This building was known as the Edmanson Hotel. It is the earliest hotel and possibly the oldest b...

Janice Hopkins

45 Holland Street East - The Edmund Garrett House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-05
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Edmund Garrett House is a two-storey building located at 45 Holland St. East. It was built in the Classic Revival style in the 1880’s (after the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown). The building was converted into two liv...

Nancy Smith

83 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-03
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 83 Holland St. East was built in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was constructed pre-1900 on what was once the site of a pop manufacturing plant. According to local history, bottles were still being une...

Nancy Smith

39 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-05
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The house located at 39 Drury St. (at the southeast corner of Drury and Thomas Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. Bob (“Red”) Armstrong, a bachelor, once lived here. Jim Webb eventually bought the property and ren...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

81 Frederick Street - The Anglican Church Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-02
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The former Anglican Church Manse is located at 81 Frederick St. (on the northeast corner of Church and Frederick Streets). The structure was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. The two-storey, rectangular building has a medium-pi...

Nancy Smith

79 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-02
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the north side at 79 Holland St. East was built in the 1890’s in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. The house was built by Mr. Watson for Ed Coombs, his wife and children (Walter, Victor and Evelyn). Ed had moved in...

Nancy Smith

92 Holland Street West - Bertha Sinclair's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-04
  • Pièce
  • 1996

Miss Sinclair’s House is a mid-block building located on the south side at 92 Holland Street West. It was built in the 1890’s in the Italianate style. Miss Bertha Sinclair lived in this house for many years. When she died, her nieces Kay and Isabe...

Nancy Smith

43 John Street East - The William Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-08
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The William Campbell House is located mid-block on the north side at 43 John Street East. It was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. This structure was once the home of William H. Campbell Sr. (a grain merchant) and his wife Bessie (Sut...

Nancy Smith

Résultats 31 à 40 sur 69