Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 284 results Archival description

251 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

25 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-05
  • Item
  • 1995

This structure was originally a shed located on property owned by Tom Saint. It was moved to its current site at 25 Bingham St. (south of Centre Street) onto property owned by George “Duke” Lowe. After the shed was restored as a house, Duke marri...

Joe Saint

31/33 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 31/33 Bingham St. was built around 1880 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. George “Duke” Lowe built and rented the north half (31), and he and his family lived in the south half (33). He was a farmer who raised cow...

Nancy Smith

35-37 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey building (with a cellar) located at 35 and 37 Bingham St. (on the northeast corner of Bingham and Centre Streets) was built by Sam Bernick many years ago. He bought the small lot from George “Duke” Lowe. (1, 2)

Joe Saint

45 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 45 Bingham St. was considered to be relatively new in 1995. (1, 2)

Joe Saint

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

39 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 39 Drury St. (at the southeast corner of Drury and Thomas Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. Bob (“Red”) Armstrong, a bachelor, once lived here. Jim Webb eventually bought the property and ren...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

44 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The one-storey house once located on the west side at 44 Drury St. had stucco cladding originally. Many years ago it was the home of Fred McKay, his wife, and son (Bruce). Fred was a retired farmer. He had noted gardens (asparagus, strawberries, r...

Janice Hopkins

49 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-08
  • Item
  • 1997

The mid-block building once located at 49 Drury St. was built in the neoclassical style around 1880. James Currie (a retired farmer, businessman, carpenter and noted gardener) and his wife lived here many years ago. Gilbert Lukes, his wife, and so...

Nancy Smith

50 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This one-storey, frame building is located on the west side at 50 Drury Street. It originally had a back kitchen that was at a lower level than the front of the house. There was also a big garden at the rear of the house at one time. It was the ho...

Janice Hopkins

Results 31 to 40 of 284