Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 193 resultados Descripción archivística

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

193 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

78 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-15
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The structure located at 78 John St. East was built by George Saint in 1900. The two-storey, frame house had a kitchen at the rear. When George moved to Toronto (around 1916), it became the home of Miss Minnie Parkhill for many years. She finally ...

Janice Hopkins

89 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-18
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house was once located at 89 John St. West. It was probably built pre-Confederation and it was considered to be one the best examples of the Regency Cottage style of building in Bradford. The one-storey, stucco, square building had an additio...

Janice Hopkins

123 John Street West - The Former Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-03
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The former Presbyterian Manse is located at 123 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Presbyterian ministers lived here in the 1920-1930’s. Rev. McLaren and h...

Nancy Smith

126 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-04
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the south side at 126 John St. West was built in the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a back lane for Jim Woods' house and barn next to this house. Pratt lived here many years ago ...

Nancy Smith

139 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-05
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house is located at 139 John St. West (on the northwest corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built in the 1900’s by carpenter Dalt Coburn. Originally, there was a laneway behind the house that ran west to Toronto St. and a vacant lot next...

Janice Hopkins

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This one-storey house is located at 156 John St. West. The original cladding was stucco and there was a kitchen at the back. Mrs. Belfry owned the building many years ago. After her death, Merle Woodcock bought (and repaired) the house. John Holan...

Janice Hopkins

21 Joseph Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-02
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 21 Joseph St. was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. It is a 1½-storey, ‘L’-shaped building with a steeply-pitched, gable roof. The house has large window openings with high floor to ceiling heights an...

Nancy Smith

28 Letitia Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-05
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house is located at 28 Letitia Street. The street was named after Letitia Magee, the founder of the original subdivision in Bradford in the 1830’s. The name was later changed to Frederick St. to avoid confusion during emergency calls. This bu...

Janice Hopkins

24 Queen Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-18-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

This mid-block building located at 24 Queen St. was built pre-1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The one-storey cottage has an ‘L’-shaped plan with a centre hall. It has an asymmetrical façade, a medium-pitched, gable roof and off-centre gables at...

Nancy Smith

37 Queen Street - The Thompson Fisher House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-18-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Thompson Fisher House is located at 37 Queen St. (on the northeast corner of Queen and Rebecca Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It belonged to J.C. Wood in the 1950’s. He was the principal at the original,...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 31 a 40 de 193