Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 20124 results Archival description

5847 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

116 Hurd Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-14
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located mid-block at 116 Hurd St. was built pre-1890 in the Ontario Vernacular style. It was once the home of carpenter Arthur Moseley. The two-storey, rectangular building has simple detailing. There is a centre hall, a single-storey re...

Nancy Smith

116 women at annual meeting

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 77-PH26839
  • Item
  • 1977-05-25

"Alliston - South Simcoe District Women's Institute held its 75th annual meeting in Alliston last week, with 116 delegates attending from 11 branches. District president Mrs. Paul Tipping of Tottenham and secretary treasurer Mrs. Everett McVety of...

Bradford Witness

117 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-05
  • Item
  • 1995

This house located at 117 Frederick St. was once the home of Jack Barnard. By 1995, this structure was the home of Bill and Terry Lotto. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

117 James Street - The Isaac Coburn House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-18
  • Item
  • 1996

The Isaac Cobourn House is located mid-block at 117 James Street. It was built in the Arts and Crafts style in the 1920’s by a good carpenter for his family. The 1½-storey bungalow has an asymmetrical, ‘L’-shaped plan. There are wide, window openi...

Nancy Smith

119 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 119 Barrie St. was one of seven houses begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the projects were completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edwardian Clas...

Nancy Smith

12 and 16 Holland Street West - Sutherland's Grocery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-04
  • Item
  • 1995

Sutherland’s Grocery Store was once found at 12 Holland St. West (site of Karen’s and Tina’s Flowers in this 1995 photo). Alec Sutherland was a baker. He had a bakeshop on the south side of Simcoe St. that was run for many years by his daughter Je...

Nancy Smith

120 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 120 Holland St. West in this photo from 1995 replaces one built by Watson (a cement block and sidewalk builder) just before, or during, WWI. That structure had a barn and shed for stock and chickens at the back. The Slothin...

Janice Hopkins

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

123 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-19
  • Item
  • 1995

This building is located at 123 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

123 John Street West - The Former Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The former Presbyterian Manse is located at 123 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Presbyterian ministers lived here in the 1920-1930’s. Rev. McLaren and h...

Nancy Smith

Results 41 to 50 of 20124