Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 3987 results Archivistische beschrijving

3092 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

119 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-03
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 119 Barrie St. was one of seven houses begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the projects were completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edwardian Clas...

Nancy Smith

12 and 16 Holland Street West - Sutherland's Grocery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

Sutherland’s Grocery Store was once found at 12 Holland St. West (site of Karen’s and Tina’s Flowers in this 1995 photo). Alec Sutherland was a baker. He had a bakeshop on the south side of Simcoe St. that was run for many years by his daughter Je...

Nancy Smith

120 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building located at 120 Holland St. West in this photo from 1995 replaces one built by Watson (a cement block and sidewalk builder) just before, or during, WWI. That structure had a barn and shed for stock and chickens at the back. The Slothin...

Janice Hopkins

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Stuk
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

123 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-19
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This building is located at 123 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

123 John Street West - The Former Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-03
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The former Presbyterian Manse is located at 123 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Presbyterian ministers lived here in the 1920-1930’s. Rev. McLaren and h...

Nancy Smith

123 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-12
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building located mid-block at 123 Moore Street was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It stood behind the grand, Italianate villa (The Convent) that was once located at 118 Barrie Street and was the home of the Lukes’ family. Original...

Nancy Smith

125th Anniversary Coin Mock-Up

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Event-Anni-Quasq-2019-03-11-11
  • Stuk
  • 1982

A mock-up of both sides of a coin to be created to commemorate the 125th anniversary of Bradford. The coins were made of both silver and copper and were able to be used at Bradford businesses in the Downtown.

Town of Bradford

125th Anniversary Coin Options

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Event-Anni-Quasq-2019-03-11-10
  • Stuk
  • 1982

A drawing of two options for one side of a coin to commemorate the 125th anniversary of Bradford. Option one ended up being chosen and the coins were made of both silver and copper. They were able to be used at Bradford businesses in the Downtown.

Town of Bradford

125th Anniversary Plate from Innisfil

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-10-21-13
  • Stuk
  • 1982

Congratulatory plate given by the Township of Innisfil to Bradford, celebrating Bradford's 125th Anniversary.

Township of Innisfil

Resultaten 41 tot 50 van 3987