Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 152 results Archival description

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

150 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

226 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-11
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block on the west side at 226 Barrie St. was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. It is a 1½-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has large window openings with high floor to ceiling heights. The house has a medium-pitched,...

Nancy Smith

232 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-12
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 232 Barrie St. (on the southwest corner of Barrie and Fletcher Streets). It was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a medium-pitched, gable roof and large, symmet...

Nancy Smith

250 Barrie Street - The Stoddart House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-13
  • Item
  • 1996

The Stoddart House is located at 250 Barrie Street. It was built around 1870 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Some of the early settlers in the Bradford area were members of the Stoddard/Stoddart family. John Stoddard settled along the Bond Hea...

Nancy Smith

31/33 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 31/33 Bingham St. was built around 1880 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. George “Duke” Lowe built and rented the north half (31), and he and his family lived in the south half (33). He was a farmer who raised cow...

Nancy Smith

23 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-11
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 23 Church St. was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical style. The two-storey, five-bay structure has a rectangular, centre-hall plan and a medium-pitched, gable roof. There are chimneys at either end of the gable. T...

Nancy Smith

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12-2017-03-17-13
  • Part
  • 1996

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

67 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-14
  • Item
  • 1996

The building that is located at 67 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and James Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was moved to this site many years ago. The Robinson family once lived in this house....

Nancy Smith

67 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-14-2017-03-17-15
  • Part
  • 1995

The building that is located at 67 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and James Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was moved to this site many years ago. The Robinson family once lived in this house....

Nancy Smith

84 Church Street - Dr. Ellis House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-01
  • Item
  • 1996

The Dr. Ellis House is located mid-block on the west side at 84 Church Street. It was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Dr. Ellis owned the house in 1900. The 1½-storey, three-bay structure has a medium-pitched, gable roof and a ...

Nancy Smith

Results 41 to 50 of 152