Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 70 results Archival description

69 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

220 Barrie Street - The Clarence Wood House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-10
  • Item
  • 1995

The Clarence Wood House is located mid-block on the west side at 220 Barrie Street. It was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. This structure was the home of Clarence and Bessie Wood many years ago. The 1½-storey, ‘L’-shaped building ha...

Nancy Smith

226 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-11
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block on the west side at 226 Barrie St. was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. It is a 1½-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has large window openings with high floor to ceiling heights. The house has a medium-pitched,...

Nancy Smith

23 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-11
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 23 Church St. was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical style. The two-storey, five-bay structure has a rectangular, centre-hall plan and a medium-pitched, gable roof. There are chimneys at either end of the gable. T...

Nancy Smith

232 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-12
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 232 Barrie St. (on the southwest corner of Barrie and Fletcher Streets). It was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a medium-pitched, gable roof and large, symmet...

Nancy Smith

250 Barrie Street - The Stoddart House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-13
  • Item
  • 1996

The Stoddart House is located at 250 Barrie Street. It was built around 1870 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Some of the early settlers in the Bradford area were members of the Stoddard/Stoddart family. John Stoddard settled along the Bond Hea...

Nancy Smith

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

39 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 39 Drury St. (at the southeast corner of Drury and Thomas Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. Bob (“Red”) Armstrong, a bachelor, once lived here. Jim Webb eventually bought the property and ren...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

48 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the south side at 48 James St. was built in 1840-60 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The one-storey cottage was once the home of Mrs. Peterman. It has a rectilinear plan, a medium-pitched, gable roof and an asymme...

Janice Hopkins

49 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-08
  • Item
  • 1997

The mid-block building once located at 49 Drury St. was built in the neoclassical style around 1880. James Currie (a retired farmer, businessman, carpenter and noted gardener) and his wife lived here many years ago. Gilbert Lukes, his wife, and so...

Nancy Smith

Results 41 to 50 of 70