Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 19430 results Archival description

5286 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

123 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-19
  • Item
  • 1995

This building is located at 123 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

123 John Street West - The Former Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The former Presbyterian Manse is located at 123 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Presbyterian ministers lived here in the 1920-1930’s. Rev. McLaren and h...

Nancy Smith

123 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located mid-block at 123 Moore Street was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It stood behind the grand, Italianate villa (The Convent) that was once located at 118 Barrie Street and was the home of the Lukes’ family. Original...

Nancy Smith

125th Anniversary Plate from Innisfil

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-10-21-13
  • Item
  • 1982

Congratulatory plate given by the Township of Innisfil to Bradford, celebrating Bradford's 125th Anniversary.

Township of Innisfil

126 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the south side at 126 John St. West was built in the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a back lane for Jim Woods' house and barn next to this house. Pratt lived here many years ago ...

Nancy Smith

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Item
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

13 and 15 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block duplex located at 13 and 15 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. During the 1920’s, the building was moved back from the street and onto new concrete foundations that were built by Leonard Saint. The bui...

Nancy Smith

130 Church Street - The George Green House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-10
  • Item
  • 1996

The George Green House is a corner building located at 130 Church Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1890’s. Originally, there was a barn located in the rear yard. The two-storey, two-bay house has a one-storey kitchen additio...

Nancy Smith

Results 41 to 50 of 19430